RaceNation // SportsGiving launch FREE Digital Fundraising Event

Raise more money, more easily, for less

RaceNation // SportsGiving held a free event at The Radisson Waterfront Hotel in Jersey to educate Workplaces, Schools, Sports Clubs and Organisations on how to make the most of digital fundraising on the Island.

Earlier this year, SportsGiving recently became the first (and only) donation platform to build a digital declaration for the Jersey Gift Support Scheme into their online fundraising process, fully approved by Jersey Tax Office, to allow charities to access Jersey Gift Support in real-time.

The development marked a momentous occasion for charities in Jersey. Prior to this innovation, they had a response rate of 50% or lower to paper R10 forms sent to donors which was laborious and expensive to administer (according to research conducted by Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust and CAST). Now charities can secure millions more in potential fundraising in seconds, completely free of charge. One notable example includes Jersey Side by Side who raised an additional £33,741 from this change in technology – bringing their total to £223,705 for the people of Ukraine.

Claudine Snape, CEO at Dementia Jersey said:

“Charities are thrilled at saving valuable time and resources – now making multiple claims simultaneously in 1 minute. Response rates have been significantly higher with 78% of individuals filling out their TIN instantly on the platform, and opportunities for the other 22% to add this at a later date.”

Whilst SportsGiving was originally developed to integrate event registration with fundraising opportunities, the benefits provided by this intuitive technology to Jersey were so significant that the company released the platform as a standalone entity; to enable more people to raise up to 25% more with Jersey Gift Support via customisable and fully branded fundraising pages and benefit from innovative features not found on even some of the best-known fundraising platforms.

Building on this momentum, RaceNation // SportsGiving then hosted a FREE event on 22 November to raise awareness amongst fundraisers for how they can raise more money for local charities and good causes. The event, attended by just under 100 people, involved keynote speeches from Revenue Jersey and SportsGiving’s CEO Will Golder. The event concluded with networking opportunities for charities to connect with organisations which are actively fundraising.

SportsGiving extend their thanks to 3D Events for their support in organising the event, along with Jersey Chamber of Commerce, Association of Jersey Charities, Jersey Sport and Revenue Jersey.

We raise for great causes

Muscular Dystrophy UK
Now What
Cancer Research UK
Great Ormond Street Hospital
Side By Side
Island Walk
Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund
Dementia Jersey
Channel Islands Airsearch
Teenage Cancer Trust
Surfers Against Sewage

Ready to make a difference?

We are ready to help you raise more money for your charity, more easily and for less.

Start Fundraising